Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Week!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I sure did.  It was a
little weird though.  It was pretty much the only day I've ever had on
my mission where I did absolutely nothing to build up the Kingdom of
God.  Well... I guess I did some personal studies in the morning, so
that was awesome.  I always love studying the scriptures.

After our studies Sister Johnson and I went over to watch the Turkey
Bowl.  All of the Elders in our stake were there playing.  I've never
cared to watch any sports before, but it was seriously so fun!  I
think I may be changing my thoughts on playing and watching sports.

Later on in the day we got to go over to have our Thanksgiving dinner
over at the Beal's house.  They're vegetarians.... Yeah....  You'd
think that sounds bad, but no! They actually made a turkey just for us
and Elder Hoyt and Elder Lunceford.  And even though they don't eat
turkey, they know how to cook one.  It was good!  It was a really
enjoyable night.  After that we went and had pie over at the Maret's.
It's always a party over there. They're a really fun family.

Something really awesome that's happening now that Thanksgiving is
done is Christmas!  And with Christmas we have a new amazing thing
that you all may know about already.  It's a new Christmas initiative
that the church put out.  It's called "A Savior is Born."  You should
all go to www.christmas.mormon.org. There are two great new videos out on
it and a ton of other great stuff. I'm really excited about it!  We
as missionaries are going around with "A Savior is Born" cards, and we're
passing them out to EVERYONE.  My personal favorite thing about the
videos and the cards is that they invite everyone to "discover why."
You can print out the cards on the website and give them out to
everyone.  Those cards are gold.  Please do it!  It's great.  It is
such a big thing that the church bought advertising on YouTube for
over 40 days.

Anyway, that was my week.  I hope y'all are doing great back home!
Remember to share the Christmas spirit.  It really is a magical time
of year and a time when so many hearts are softened.  I hope all of
you can have that as well!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment