Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's Friday!



Hey ya'll!

So this week has been really fun!  Friday was a big day.  We had a
tri-zone conference with Elder Zwick of the Seventy.  It was so cool!
We were able to listen to him, his wife, President Griffin, and Sister
Griffin talk.  Those are some of the best people to listen to.  The
spirit was so strong the whole time.  I feel like the message I
learned the most from what they said was I can do it.  I have that
ability to make great things happen, and so do all of us.  It was a
big confidence booster.

In the middle of the conference we had a lunch, and I had a group of
missionary friends who I was going to sit with, and then all of a
sudden, one of the elders I was going to sit with said, "Hey, there's
open seats next to Elder Zwick!"  So yeah. I had lunch with a Seventy.
To be more exact, I sat on the right hand of him. ;) Yeah, I just went
there.  But no, really.  It was so cool! He was the nicest man I think
I've ever met.  I felt like that's the closest I've ever been to sitting
next to Jesus.  That kinda sounds weird, but he really does an amazing
job at being a representative of Jesus Christ.  I hope I can be like
that some day.  :)

Later on that day we had a nativity at our church.  Everyone brought
their nativities from home and set them out, and there were so many
gorgeous trees.  It was breathtaking.  It gave me hope for cultural
hall wedding receptions.  (Not saying that's how I'm doing mine, Mom.)
There were so many people who came that weren't members.  We had a
potential investigator come.  And there was a man who didn't believe
Mormons are Christian who came, and by the end of the night he changed
his mind on that subject!

I just love how people are around this time of year. Never forget the
true meaning of Christmas!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment