Monday, February 6, 2017

Power Ups, and Packing







Hey everyone!

This week was a lot of fun.  We had exchanges with the Cherokee sisters: Sister Jaques, and Sister Wood.  It was a lot of fun. But it wasn't the usual exchange of one of them comes here, and one of us goes there.  The mission changed it up, so now we do something called a "power up" where all of us come to our area for the day, and we split off with them in our area.  It's kinda interesting.  There's definitely perks and downfalls to it.  I don't really know what to think of them, yet, but they were our trial run, so we'll see how they keep going from here.  I split off with Sister Wood for the day.  And we had an awesome lesson with our good friend, Fernando, where he got super pumped about fasting!  Then we all came back to our apartment, and we had a big sleepover.  It was a lot of fun!

This week we also have been helping a lady in our ward move.  Her name is Liz.  It's so sad, though, because she was gone on a trip ever since I've been here, and she's been back about two weeks now, and now I have to help her move, and she'll be gone in another two weeks, and it's terrible, because I love her so much in the short time I've had to know her, and now I have to let her go!  What is this?!  But hey, what can you do?  Now, I'm just becoming a pro at packing is all.  

 On Saturday we went over to the church for a Relief Society activity.  It was really fun! We got to make little dolls for kids in the hospital, which made me sew happy! Lol!  There were these two little girls there who wanted to learn how to make the dolls, too, so I got to teach them how to use the sewing machine.  It's so funny because I feel like such a noob at sewing, and yet, I'm teaching them. Haha! I guess I'm not that bad! Haha!  

On Sunday after church we went over to Michael Ann's house, which was so fun!  It's crazy that I've been in this area almost a whole transfer, and I just barely had the chance to go to her house.  Obviously something is wrong here.  Haha! Nah, it's just the business of life, but hopefully we'll be able to go over more often now.  That's the plan anyway.

Well, everyone, I hope you all have a spirit filled week!  As always, stay safe, and keep spreading the gospel!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton




 Wood, Jaques, Me, and Reddish at our favorite place as always, The White Duck Taco Shop.
Here's the little doll I made.  His name is Stephen and we have matching eye problems.  #theallergiesarereal #alliswell

No comments:

Post a Comment