Monday, January 23, 2017

The White Duck Taco Shop






Hey ya'll!

This week was a blast!  Full of meeting new people, and learning new things.

We had zone conference this week, and it was so fun to meet everyone in my new zone.  There were a few familiar faces, but mostly new, since about two thirds of the mission has been out for 6 months or less.  It was kind of interesting basically seeing zone conference for a second time, since I saw most of it earlier at MLC.  It all felt a little like a review to me because of that, but it was really incredible because even when you think you've heard it all before, you haven't.  President gave his training at the end of zone conference like he always does, and then he said, "I'm going to say the closing prayer."  You always know that when President does something like that, it's the spirit telling him he needs to.  By the end of the prayer, the whole zone was in tears.

After some conference, we went out for lunch as a zone, which was so much fun, and then we had exchanges!  This week we exchanged with the Murphy sisters, Sister Roberts and McInnis.  Sister McInnis came with me for the day back to Weaverville, and we had a blast.  This was Sister McInnis' first exchange,  so I tried to make it a good one. Unfortunately, the curse of exchanges happened, and everything fell through, but that didn't stop us from making the best of our time together!  We did some really good finding.  We really worked the area we were in and found a few people who seemed like they had a lot of potential!  Then we came home and partied it up by eating lifesaver mints in the dark in the bathroom, because they spark in the dark!

Then Sunday came around, and I was so excited to go to church to meet more of the ward! They are incredible people.  We had Ward Conference, so we had a ton of people from the stake.  It practically doubled the size of our ward. We were greeting everyone as they came inside, when suddenly a lady walked in and gave Sister Reddish a hug, and I instantly knew who she was. I looked at her and said, "You're Michael Ann, aren't you?"  And yes, it was!  We looked at each other, and we were both like, "I know you already."  Guys, I've been dying to meet Michael Ann.  I've heard all about her for the past three months from my past companion, Sister Griffiths, who served here, and even more from everyone else here.  She's incredible.  We sat next to each other all of church, and we just loved each other.  I can't wait to finally be able to go to her house and meet her son, Tyler, and really get to know them for myself.

I'm loving it out here in Weaverville.  I'll be honest, I'm kind of impatient to get to every nook and cranny of this area and to see and meet everyone, but I know it will come in time.  This area has a lot of potential, and by the small things we're doing everyday, it's going to blossom, just like each and every one of us!  Have a good one ya'll!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton










Eating at The White Duck Taco Shop.  #sohipster #keepashevilleweird #pleaseacceptafreecopyasourgift #thebookofmormon

 

Taking pictures right outside of The White Duck Taco Shop. #goodvibes #lambgyrotacoismyfav





That one time me and Sister McInnis realized how cute we were with our matching watches. #onourwaytowhiteducktacoshop #amithatwhiteorisitjustmyfilter






Me and Sister McInnis waiting outside for our tacos when this cute cat joined us on a cloudy afternoon.  It was the most friendly cat ever. It may look evil, but that's just its disguise.  It didn't want to leave anyone out, so it sat on both of our laps at the same time and purred. #alsoatthewhiteducktacoshop

 

Quote of the week:
 
Sister Reddish: How should I pose?
Me: Just look confused!
Sister Reddish: What?
Me: Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment