Monday, February 1, 2016

Area 5



Oh my goodness, guys!  This week has been crazy awesome.  It all started on Tuesday when we had our transfer call.  I found out that Sister Johnson would be leaving me to fend for myself, and my new companion would be Sister Murri!  Oh, my goodness, I freaked out when I found that out.  I came in with Sister Murri, and I kind of knew her before (we met on Facebook).



So yeah, transfers happened and everything amazing happened!  The first night after she came here we went to see Beverly.  The awesome thing that happened right off the bat is that Beverly finally let us bring a member from the ward! Yay!  We had an amazing lesson, and she connected with her right off the bat.



Guys, I feel like my love for Beverly just doubled.  I seriously love just watching her grow and come closer to Christ!  It's almost like she's my baby girl.  That sounds weird, but it's true! I don't care
that she is 3 times my age, she's just wonderful.  And she said the most heart-warming thing.  Sister Murri asked how she started meeting with the missionaries, and she said that we just came to the door, and there was something about us that she just loved, so she just snatched us right up!  But the way she said it made me know that it had to be me and Sister Johnson.  We are her missionaries.  For the first time since being here in Grove Park, I really had a moment of, "Yes. This is why I'm here."  Beverly is going to be an eternal friend.



Then, the next day we went up to an area that I've only been able to go up to once because we never have enough miles.  Here were a couple of potential investigators up in this little neighborhood, so we knocked on their doors and then tracked a few doors around them.  It was crazy, guys!  Almost every single door that we knocked on said that we could come back! How often does that ever happen!?



We continued on our way and went up to the place that had the goats (I think I wrote about that...) and we went up to their house and asked for the lady who requested the Book of Mormon.  Turns out she didn't live there.... But hey! We got pictures with their goat!



So we continued on our way, and we tried to find this lady, Rhonda, who is a less active member.  We found her house and drove up this HUGE hill. We got up there and knocked on her door, and she so kindly let us in.  We shared a message with her like we always do, and as we were leaving, she told us about how she was pretty lost with what to do with life right now, and she prayed to have some sort of guidance, and then we knocked on her door.  She said that normally when she answers the door, she has her shotgun ready to go, because there had been people poaching on her property, but when we knocked, she felt so much peace! It was such an amazing experience.  She is such a cool lady!  I can't wait to go back and see her.



This week has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what the rest of this transfer will bring.  It's sure gonna be a good one!



Sincerely,
Sister Shelton



 The wonderfully nice goat that scared Sister Johnson away. ;)



 I know you all wish this was your quad.



Look who I finally found after a good 8 or 9 years!
Elder Colllins.




No comments:

Post a Comment