Monday, March 6, 2017

First Training Ever






Alright friends!

So, this week was a busy one, but I loved it all!

We had Zone Training Meeting this week, and it was both me and Sister Webb's first time giving a training in ZTM. We gave a training on receiving revelation through prayer.  I don't know what it is, but that seems to be a subject that's been brought up a lot for me recently.  I don't know why, but it has been.  I guess God has something he's trying to teach me.  But hey, hopefully, the whole zone learned something from it.  It was really cool to hear everyone's personal experiences with prayer. That was something we tried to emphasize - the importance of sharing these experiences, because when we as missionaries share our experiences with our investigators, that's something that creates a bond, and they are more willing to share their experiences, and we're then better able to resolve their concerns.

After ZTM, we had exchanges with the Murphy Sisters. Sister McInnis came with me for our second exchange, and then Sister Roberts and Webb were together.  It rained a lot on that exchange, but we just kept going!  And we had an awesome lesson with Jai-mee.  It was all about faith and prayer and scripture study.  It was pretty incredible because usually you need to prepare for a lesson, but because of planning a training and waking up and going straight to the ZTM, we had very limited time to plan, so it consisted of "Let's read Matthew 14:25-33 and talk about faith." It was awesome because we're only asked to do what we can, and then the Lord will bless us.  That lesson, because of me and Sister McInnis doing all we could beforehand, as little as it was, was an incredible lesson, and God made up for the rest.  The spirit was strong, and I think Jai-mee is really going to try the things we suggested for her. :)

We had stake conference this week.  On Saturday we first had a lesson with John, and then we rode over with him and his wife, Sabra, to stake conference together.  It's a good thing, too, because there's a lot of Mormons here, and not much parking....  I love what the stake theme is this year, too.  It's "what's my next step?"  So, no matter where you are in life, realize that you have something to do and to work on.

I think part of my next step includes mastering goal making and keeping.  Something a wise elder told me a few months ago is to make daily goals - nothing big, just something that will stretch you a little closer to Christ each day.  I did that for a little bit, and then fell out of the habit, but since hearing a training given in ZTM, it's reminded me again the importance of setting goals.  A wise old apostle, who I can't remember his name said something to the effect of, "If you don't learn to master setting and teaching goals, you'll get to a ripe old age and look back to see you haven't accomplished much."  So there you go.  President Vann, our stake president, also suggested we use a scripture as a theme.  Mine is Alma 37:6.  It's one of my favorites.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Remember to do good things!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton






All the cute sisters in the Asheville Zone! #lovethem




Here's us partying it up on our exchange right outside of The White Duck Taco Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment