Monday, October 17, 2016

New Transfer, New Start






Hey everyone!

So, it's official. It's just me and Sister Griffiths now. My little Hampster's left me.  But it's okay. She's gonna go on and do great things!

But a lot of good has happened this week. We started off on Tuesday, before transfers, going over to this rally for the elections coming up, as a whole zone.  We helped feed all of the people that were there. We made around 5000 sloppy joes, and then we handed them out to everyone. It was pretty intense.

Wednesday was the big switcharoo!  I got to see a ton of people I haven't seen in forever, and say good-bye to lil' Hamp.  And then, we came home and died....  This has been such an exhausting week, guys. In case any of you are wondering why I may not be responding to your emails today, it's because I'm napping. I've never wanted to just nap so badly.

Then, Saturday was a pretty great day!  We got to help out our dear friend, Brother Harris, make his yard beautiful, and then we went and had breakfast with him, as he imparted all of his wisdom on us as always, and it was greatly appreciated.

Later on that day, we went to try a less active family, the Fosters. Hamp and I had tried this family almost every week since I've been here, because they used to see them all the time, but for some reason, we couldn't ever catch them.  But since this was Sister Griffiths' first time trying them with me, I figured we'd have no problem seeing them.  And I was right! We came over, and they instantly loved us, and we instantly loved them, and now we're just gonna be best friends. That's just how it's gonna be.  :)

So yeah.... That was my week, and it was wonderful. There really isn't anything I'd trade for the people I've met, experiences I've had, and lessons I've learned since being on my mission.  Well, maybe Celestial Glory, but I'm pretty sure this is helping me with that!  TKM #lifechanging #hisworkhiswaybyhispower #findteachbaptize

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton







That one time I killed Sister Hamp.... Oops....





Am I fan-girling over these cute matching elders? Probably. ;) RIP Wadsworth and Evans.





Our new district government! Judge Judy is behind the camera. ;)


Quote of the week:

Random lady in Relief Society: When Abraham was sacrificing Isaac, Abraham was pretty old so Isaac could have just been like, "I SACRIFICE YOU!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment