Monday, September 12, 2016

Sometimes you just Need a little Break: The Adventures of my Year Mark





Hey everyone!

This week has been really fun! Monday evening we went over to a referral we received from the Bishop, named Emily.  She's super sweet and very sincere!  She was meeting with online missionaries, so she knows most everything by this point, we're just helping her along now. :)

On Tuesday we went over to the Harris'.  Brother Harris is a recent convert, but he's really strong!  It was nice to just sit down and have dinner with them and enjoy their company for awhile.  Sometimes you just need a little break.

Wednesday was pretty crazy.  It started off with district meeting in the morning, and then a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. I got an ear infection. :/ But it's all good.  I'm recovering now!  After that we had a lesson with Tyree and Lakeesha.  Their mom is a member, and Tyree is really thinking about baptism! I'm so excited for him!

We were knocking on doors one day, and we started with a prayer.  I got this prompting to say something I don't think I've ever said in a prayer before. I asked God to make sure that anyone who might need to talk to us would have the courage to call.  Well, after knocking doors for a while, and a nice kid named Bobby gave us water, Tyree called us.  He said he just needed us to pray for him, so obviously we did. I just know that he wouldn't have called if it wasn't for that spiritual prompting I'd received.  And it's so good to know that he trusts us and knows he can call us.  Whenever you need help, just call the missionaries, guys. They want to help!

On Thursday we went on exchanges. I went over to Pellissippi with Sister Wagner, while Sister Hamp manned the fort in Knox!  It was so much fun!  We went to visit a ton of people, and then we went over to the Christensen's little apartment.  The Christensen's are a senior couple serving out here, and it was so much fun to see them!  It was nice just hanging out with them and talking for a while. Sometimes you just need a little break.

Then, the next day after our weekly planning, Sister Hamp and I went over to the Strub's house to celebrate my year mark! We invited the Campbell's over, too!  We burned one of my shirts to celebrate and had dinner and a lesson. It was kind of like... A little break! Lol I know! I'm so funny!

Just remember guys, don't ever run faster than you have strength!  If you need a break, take it! It won't ever harm you!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton

 






Sister Wagner and me getting ice cream to celebrate my year mark! This girl hasn't ever been my companion, but she's celebrated my 6 month and year marks with me! Maybe she'll just happen to visit the mission at 18 months. ;)




There goes that shirt of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment