Monday, August 8, 2016

Just Anotha Week Here in the Great TKM



Hey everyone!

This week we got a lot done.  We had a lesson with Sam and Debra. Debra has been taking the lessons for a while, but her daughter, Sam, has just recently been feeling comfortable coming out and seeing us, but she's super awesome!  She had a lot of really good questions, and we did our best to answer them.  We taught her about the restoration, and we're just slowly digging out her questions.  It's pretty great. Then we had dinner with them, and it was super good!

Earlier that day we went over to our investigator Sandy's house, and helped her sand down a table so she could repaint it. We called it "Sanding with Sandy!"  It was pretty awesome!  It took a lot longer than we thought it would, but hey, we love her, and she needed the help.

On Thursday we had a pretty crazy day. We were just going around like usual, and we were thinking of where we needed to go next, and the thought came to my mind to go see Beth and Belle.  We'd been trying to see them for weeks, but they seemed to be MIA.  We'd met with them for awhile before now, but they just weren't there.  But it just seemed so clear that we needed to go there, so we did, and we pulled up, and their car was there! I was squealing and jumping up and down with excitement when I saw that, and we ran up and knocked on their door, and they were there!  They answered!  It was so exciting! We didn't teach them too much, we just saw them, but we're going to be able to see them a lot more often, and I'm so excited to see what happens with them!

Friday was interesting. We told a guy named Hawkeye that we'd come by and help him on his farm, but he seemed to have forgotten, so his son took us around. He showed us his chickens and goats and pigs and cows, and we got to feed them. I think the cows were my favorite because I got to scare them. :D It was quite the adventure.  We even got a couple of fresh eggs to take home, which was great.

On Saturday we went to the baptism of a little boy in our branch named Trizden. It was awesome, but it was also a little different. It was the first baptism I've been to on my mission in which no missionaries had been involved. We were just there for support, but it gets even better. We walked in and I saw Brother Wilson, who moved out of the branch a few weeks ago, and then I saw his wife, Sister Wilson! It was so exciting to see them again! They were just here for the weekend, but it was awesome! They should be coming back again in the next few weeks just to visit! I just love them! :)

It was an awesome week here in the TKM.  The Lord's work just keeps moving on, and I love seeing that and being right in the middle of it!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton

A picture of that awkward time I realized I didn't take one picture that week, so
I quickly snapped one just to send. Hey ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment