Friday, July 8, 2016

Too Many Adventures to come up with a Good Title









Hello from the other side!

It's been a good week. Action packed and crazy like it always is here in Loudon, which makes me happy because I'm gonna stay here the rest of my mission. ;)

So we started off our week with a trip over to the Hollis's.  They're a fun less active family, with a daughter, Marisa, who isn't baptized. We went over with Sister Webber, who is my idol.  I just want to be able to bring the spirit into a room like she does.  She took the lead with this lesson, and she taught her all about the Plan of Salvation, and answered all of the questions Marisa had, which is awesome because she needed that comfort in her life. And now Marisa is really enjoying our church a lot more.

On Tuesday we had zone conference.  It was really good.  President gave a bomb training as usual.  It was all about levels of conversion, and how we're all continually progressing.  On a mission we reach an incredible level of conversion, but we can only reach that next level by going home and getting sealed and having a family.  But for reals though.  I've had times when I think, "Why would I ever want to leave my mission? Why can't it just go on forever? This is the Lord's work!" And then I remember, "Oh yeah I have an even better work to do. Like get married and have a family. Because that's the kind of stuff eternity is made out of." ...I think a lot about these things since I'm killing off Sister Shuler....

On Wednesday I went to the bishop's storehouse with Sister Wilson and we did some service there.  It was really fun because I got to see Sister Weaver there who was from the good ol' days back in Grove Park! I just love her so much! And it was fun to hear about everything that's happening back there.

On Thursday we went over to see Caden with the Wilsons.  And we talked to him about temples and families, which was the best because the Wilsons just got sealed in the temple this week! I love being around so many people who are making covenants with God!  It's literally the best thing ever!  And let me just tell you something, Caden and Brother Wilson have such a bromance, and I love it so much!  I love seeing both of them help each other spiritually!  But seriously, Caden just gets it!  The other day I told him about an investigator I used to work with who said he didn't want to be a part of "the big church" and how he felt like he needed to go help people somewhere else since we were taking care of everyone there, and then Caden said, "But then he wouldn't be able to take the sacrament." And we were just like, "YES! You get it!"  I can't wait for his baptism! :)

Friday was tough, but good things still happened. We went over to help Christina with her storage unit. She's just been trying to get it organized and sell a few things. It's surprising how exhausting simply organizing this place was.  It took a toll on us the whole day, but we still got a lot done.

This morning as soon as we woke up we got in the car and drove over to Crazy Johny's house to work out with him and the elders. We worked out for about 40 minutes at his place, and then we drove over to a walking trail and finished over there.  It was quite the adventure. What we thought was going to be an hour workout ended up being a two and a half hour workout. But hey, there's a reason his name's Crazy Johny. Then I accidentally smacked Elder Evans glasses off of his face while we were on a bridge, and we looked around for them with no luck.  We decided to finish the workout and then came back to look for them again. This time we started looking with a prayer and found them almost instantly.  That's seriously how it always seems to go for me. But I'm good with that.

I'm loving it here in Loudon.  The adventure never stops here.  I think I'll stay here for nine months.  :)

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton









Moonshine ya'll!  Fun fact for you.  Moonshine has been legal here in
Tennessee for about a year now.  Also, it burns just to smell it.


No comments:

Post a Comment