Monday, May 2, 2016

My first week in Rotherwood



Hey everyone!

So this week has been crazy, but good.  In case you didn't read in last week's email, this week was transfers.  It was so hard leaving Grove Park, but so good coming to Rotherwood.  It's crazy leaving an area.  I feel like it wasn't until the very end of being with all of these people that I've been with for months that I truly knew how some of them felt about me, and when I realized some people saw me as their best friend and others their daughter, it broke my heart leaving them, but I know good things are going to happen here in Rotherwood.  I know it!

As soon as I heard the transfer call Monday morning, I knew this was exactly where I need to be. Rotherwood is mostly in Kingsport. It's half in Tennessee, half in Virginia.  It's also right next to my first area, Rogersville, which is half the reason I died when I found out I was coming here. Also, Sister Gill.  Can we talk about her for a second?  She's the best.  She's exactly who I need in my life right now.  It seriously couldn't be more perfect.

Before I left I said goodbye to everyone in Grove Park, which was the worst.  It was pretty heart breaking, but at least we're able to finish off the day good.  We celebrated Elder Stringham's 21st
birthday.  When we said goodbye to the Maret's, Sister Maret gave us some money for pizza, and a cake she made for Stringham's birthday.  We ran over to the store to get some ginger beer and then met them at the church to party.  It was so fun!  I'ma miss those guys.  The next day was transfers, and it was terrible leaving Sister Murri because she's bae.  But it was necessary because now everything is good here with Sister Gill.  Oh, secret's out.  I get to kill Gill. This is her last transfer, and it's gonna be a bomb diggity one at that if not for her sake, for mine.  We both need it.  Can't just let this mission run away from us.

We went over to see our investigators, Todd and Kim, a few times.  One of the lessons we had with them, we asked if Todd wanted to be baptized, and he said he did!  We don't have a date set yet, because we didn't plan to ask him so we didn't pick out a date, but it'll happen here soon.

We also went over to see this awesome lady named Maxie this week.  Oh, my goodness, I adore her!  She's so spunky and adventurous, even though she's getting a little old.  Those are the best kinds of old ladies. Kinda like Sister T in Grove Park, but not.... They're very different people, but still both older, and they won't let that slow them down.

That's pretty much been my week.  It's been awesome. It's just good to remember that change is more often than not a good thing, and we shouldn't be scared off it because it'll help us learn and grow in a way that we can't any other way.

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton

Quotes of the week:

Me: I thought President was going to send me out to the boonies this transfer.
Sister Young: This is the boonies!
Me: Compared to the rest of the mission?
Sister Young: Oh... Yeah.....


 Yeah. This just happened. 



It's usually only this red in the sun.


 Sister Roger's cute kitties!


Celebrating Stringham's birthday!


At M's house waiting for dinner!




Me and Sister Gill.


My new district.  Back into a relief society...

No comments:

Post a Comment